Dark Helsinki is back in action, bringing Gothic music treasures to Helsinki. It’s been a while since their last show, but fear not, this time they’re bringing German Solar Fake to town for a show, with local Miseria Ultima as the opening band. Today, we’ve asked Miseria Ultima to tell you a bit about themselves and their sound!
1. First off, tell us a bit about yourselves?
Miseria Ultima was formed in 2015 by Kimmo and Aleksi. We released debut album called Phosphor in 2017. The second album will be released in the future. It has been made ready though.
2. For anyone who hasn’t heard your music before, can tell us a little bit about your sound?
It can be described as dark electro, with influences from different genres. From future pop to aggrotech. Also elements from EBM.
3. Have you played any shows in Finland before this one? If so, what’s your best/worst memory?
Yes we have played a couple. We only have good memories. Playing here is always fun. I think the first gig in the city of Joensuu springs first to mind – the excitement and people were great there. Of course there are many more great gigs to mention. The first gig is always the most memorable.
4. What do you think is going to be the highlight of the upcoming show?
The highlights are the beginning and the end, these all matter and create the ‘memory lane’ for the people.
5. Do you have any last words for potential viewers about the upcoming shows?
This will be our second last gig before the grand break/time off that we will take. So, be there. The last one will be in Jyväskylä at Katse 15.12. (Jyrmy SKLTR Fest).
For details about the upcoming event, click HERE!
For tickets to the show and/or pre-party, click HERE!
For details from the venue, click HERE
Check out the lyric video for “Omega Transmission” here: